Section 1 preserves some of the oldest burials in this cemetery, dating to 1893. Rabbis, scholars, merchants and individuals bearing the surnames of some of Bialystok's most prominent community members are buried here. Burials continued through 1921, after which sporadic burials occur until the latest in 1939. Presently, nearly 80 epitaphs have been documented.
Section 2 like section 1 preserves epitaphs for deceased in the first years of this cemetery's use (1894-1899). Epitaphs until c. 1920 are well attested, with one late epitaph, dating to 1940. In this section, there are also unique examples of the folk art symbol of the "cornflower", also attested at the nearby regional cemetery at Choroszcz. Women's epitaphs are more prevalent in this section.
Section 3, located just inside the cemetery's main entrance, preserves nearly 100 epitaphs of men, women and children, who died in the first two decades of this cemetery's use (c. 1893-1913). Fine folk art symbols emphasize that many of these deceased were scholars and rabbis of priestly lineage. Epitaphs are predominately in Hebrew, with a few in Russian and German. The majority of this section was restored in 2013 by the ASF. On the southwest corner of this section, uniquely, three burials of the Trop family are adjacent because of death in 1902. This section also preserves some of the tallest matzevoth of this cemetery, c. six feet.
Section 4 is located at right from the main entrance, paralleling sections 3 and 5. At one time, an alley may have divided this section's long (north-south) orientation. Burials date from c. 1894-1900. In this section, two matzevoth, standing side by side (and nearly touching), mark the gravesites of Shraga Feivl (c. 1898) and Ben Tzion Bloch (c. 1900). The latter was the son of Sender Bloch, an early industrialist, who established the first textile factory in Bialystok (1842), and died in 1849 at the age of 39.
Section 5 is located immediately at right on entering the cemetery's main entrance. Burials of men and women in this section date to c. 1893-1920, with one recorded in 2006 of 1939. Many matzevoth are the traditional Ashkenazi style, though boulder style and rough-hewn are also attested (see Tombstone annotations). Most epitaphs are in Hebrew with an occasional bilingual epitaph in Hebrew and Russian. Some matzevoth were restored in 2013 though many are still laden with dirt and lichen.
Section 7, located within the main entrance, is one section north of section 1. Extant burials of men and women span the years c. 1896-1922. Epitaphs are preserved, written in Hebrew, Yiddish, Russian, German and Polish. In 2013, three matzevoth were restored in this section, reflecting the diverse careers of Bialystok's residents. These matzevoth belong to: the merchant Nathan Falkner (d. 1896): Julian Heublum, a lieutenant in the Polish army and a medical student (d. 1920); and Dr. Flatte (d. 1921).
Section 8 is located within Bagnowka's main entrance, just north of section 2, at left on entering. Burials of men and women, who died c. 1900-1917, are recorded in epitaphs, written predominately in Hebrew with an occasional word in Yiddish and select German and Russian epitaphs. Many of the matzevoth in this section are crafted of variegated stone, with surface worn, making translation extremely challenging. Examples of fine folk art symbols and Hebrew poetry are preserved in this section.
Section 9 is located off the main north-south alley at the main entrance. Matzevoth mark burials of men and women c. 1910-1917, 1928. This section preserves a wide variety of tombstone styles with epitaphs mainly in Hebrew. One unique double tombstone marks the gravesite of Golda Mines and her daughter Chaya Rochel, who died 24-25 June 1914 (see Tombstone annotations).
Section 10 is located nearest the main entrance, proceeding three sections north on the main alley and one section west. This section holds burials of men and women (c. 1893-1914). The matzevah of Avraham Moshe Wolie, co-founder of the Chajneker Beth Midrash, in the poorest section of Bialystok (c. 1856), still stands here today. This section is also rich in folk art symbols, with a wonderful variety of lions of Judah and a beautiful cornflower.
Section 12 stands beside the western wall, three sections north of section 1. Matzevoth mark the burials of men and women (c. 1908-1925, 1935). Epitaphs are predominately in Hebrew with an occasional name in German. One epitaph is uniquely in Yiddish cursive script. Another epitaph utilizes Hebrew vowel pointing to aid in correct pronunciation of names and select ambiguous words. Another member of the Trop family (see Section 3) is also buried here.
Section 13 is situated two sections north of section 2, which is located immediately north on entering the cemetery. Burials mark the gravesites of predominately men (c. 1910-1919, 1925). Epitaphs are in Hebrew with an occasional German name. One intriguing tombstone preserves a niche, which may have once held an image of the deceased. At present, three other tombstones preserve such a niche, one with porcelain fragments still in place.
Section 23 is located just west of Rabbi Halperin's ohel. Just a few matzevoth mark the burials of men and women (1910-1939, 1952), although many support structures indicate this section was fully utilized. Rachel, Pat (nee Slomianski, d. 1932), a descendant (by marriage) of the prominent Pat family is buried here. The most recent matzevah for all of Bagnowka is buried here, Tzviah Halperin (d. 1952), a descendent of the Halperin family.